It’s about time I introduced again this beautiful quinoa salad. I first made it 5 (sure, 5!) years in the past, and Abra and I grew to become fully obsessed. I’m fairly positive she nonetheless makes it for lunch about as soon as a month as a result of it’s that good.
This Moroccan-inspired quinoa salad is full of cozy, warming flavors from spices like cumin, turmeric, and cinnamon, and packs tons of plant-based protein because of the chickpeas and quinoa. I can’t EVEN describe how scrumptious it’s.
Okay wait perhaps I can…
I tossed every thing along with candy dried contemporary parsley, crunchy toasted almonds, and candy dried cranberries for bursts of candy, savory, contemporary taste in each chew. It’s excellent for meal prep and even tastes delish cold and hot, AKA the last word lunch targets.
Components on this Moroccan-inspired chickpea quinoa salad
This unbelievable quinoa salad is like little pops of taste dancing on my tongue with candy pops of cranberry taste and crunchy toasted nutty almonds all with the freshness of parsley in each chew. It’s additionally vegan & gluten free! Right here’s what you’ll must make it:
- Onion: for a bit of little bit of crispness in each chew.
- Moroccan-inspired spices: we’re utilizing turmeric, cumin and cinnamon to offer this dish an exquisite, world taste and delightful golden shade.
- Quinoa: this protein-packed, gluten free grain really makes this salad one among a form. Be at liberty to make use of tricolor quinoa if common, white quinoa isn’t out there.
- Broth: I normally use a low sodium vegetarian broth. You can even use rooster broth in the event you’re not vegan or vegetarian, or go for water.
- Chickpeas: for a lift of plant-based protein. Yum!
- Dried cranberries: be happy to make use of dried cranberries or cherries on this recipe. The sweetness is SO scrumptious in each chew.
- Parsley: for the right enhance of freshness.
- Sliced almonds: I really like the crunch of sliced almonds, however pistachios or pecans would even be excellent.
You received’t imagine how simple and scrumptious this vegan chickpea quinoa salad seems. Be at liberty to vary up the add-ins, too, with what you may have readily available. I’ve loads of options under!
Customise it with simple swaps
This chickpea quinoa salad is tremendous simple to customise with the components you may have readily available. Right here’s what I can suggest to swap or add:
- For the cranberries: you possibly can additionally use dried cherries and even golden raisins.
- For the almonds: hold the salad nut free by omitting the almonds (you’ll additionally need to use olive oil as an alternative of coconut oil). As I discussed, you possibly can additionally swap the almonds for pistachios or pecans for a special taste twist.
- Add additional veggies: I really like including peas to this salad! I like to recommend including 2/3 cup of frozen peas after the quinoa is completed cooking.
On the lookout for an additional enhance of protein?
This Moroccan-inspired quinoa salad packs over 16g of plant-based protein as is, however you possibly can additionally add cooked, cubed rooster in the event you’d like so as to add extra protein (and aren’t vegan or vegetarian!)
Ideas for making one of the best fluffy quinoa
Don’t overlook to get all of my ideas and tips for making the BEST fluffy quinoa in this submit!
Toast your individual almonds
I do know it may be tough to search out toasted nuts, but it surely’s tremendous simple (and value it) to toast your individual!
- Add your sliced nuts to a pan on the stovetop over medium-high warmth.
- Fastidiously toss them round till they start to odor aromatic, which ought to be about 5 minutes.
That’s it! Toasting them actually brings out their taste and an exquisite crunch.
One pot Moroccan chickpea quinoa salad in 3 steps
- Cook dinner the onion. Begin by cooking down your onion in coconut oil till it’s translucent, then stir in all of these cozy spices.
- Add the quinoa. Pour within the broth or water and your quinoa, deliver it to a boil, then cowl and scale back the warmth. Cook dinner it for quarter-hour then take away it from the warmth and fluff the quinoa with a fork.
- Add your mix-ins & serve. Fold within the chickpeas, cranberries and parsley till well-combined. Style and alter seasonings, then high along with your toasted almonds and additional parsley and serve!
How you can meal prep this quinoa salad
This simple chickpea quinoa salad recipe makes the right meal prep lunch. Merely divide the recipe into 4 separate mason jars or meal prep containers and revel in it for lunch all through the week! Garnish your servings with additional toasted almonds. It’s truly scrumptious served heat or chilly!
Merely put, I feel you might want to make it ASAP for lunch. That is one among my favourite quinoa salads of all time; it’s completely great to deliver to events, pack for lunch, or pair with roasted rooster for dinner.
Extra quinoa recipes you’ll love
Get all of my quinoa recipes right here!
I do know you’re going to like this Moroccan-inspired chickpea quinoa salad recipe. Please let me know in the event you make it by leaving a remark and score the recipe under. I’d love to listen to from you and it helps encourage others to make the recipe too! Get pleasure from xo.
One Pot Moroccan-Impressed Chickpea Quinoa Salad
Candy & savory 30-minute Moroccan-inspired chickpea quinoa salad made in a single pot. This vegan chickpea quinoa salad recipe packs loads of plant-based protein and scrumptious, world flavors from cumin, turmeric and cinnamon. The proper vegetarian meal to prep for lunch!
medium yellow onion, diced
salt, plus extra to style
- Freshly floor black pepper
vegetarian broth (or water)
(15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
finely diced flat leaf parsley
sliced toasted almonds
Add coconut oil to a big pot and place over medium warmth. As soon as oil is sizzling add in onion and sauté till onion is translucent, about 3-5 minutes. Stir within the following spices: turmeric, cumin, cinnamon and salt and pepper; cook dinner for 30 seconds extra.
Subsequent add in broth (or water) and quinoa; deliver combination to a boil, then cowl, scale back warmth to low and cook dinner for precisely quarter-hour. After quarter-hour, take away from warmth and fluff quinoa with a fork.
Stir in chickpeas, cranberries and parsley to the quinoa and blend till well-combined. Style and alter seasonings. Garnish with toasted almonds and additional parsley. Serves 4.
To serve: Place in mason jars or meal prep containers for lunch all through the week. Garnish with additional toasted almonds.
See the complete submit for ideas, tips & methods to customise this quinoa salad!
Servings: 4 servings
Serving dimension: 1 serving (primarily based on 4)
Saturated fats: 1.9g