I’ve been SO excited to share this recipe with you all ever since my mama made it for me. As lots of you recognize, my beautiful mama moved to Chicago final 12 months after dwelling on the west coast and he or she, after all, introduced all of her unbelievable recipes together with her.
After I used to go to my mother we’d spend time doing what we each love essentially the most — cooking up nourishing meals and creating some wonderful baked items. I keep in mind the primary time she made this lovely honey oatmeal artisan bread and I knew this is able to turn into a staple. We might toast it up with slightly butter and flaky sea salt, or construct scrumptious sandwiches with these completely thick, chewy slices of bread.
The very best half is that this no knead bread makes use of tremendous easy components and is principally fool-proof. Should you’ve by no means made home made bread earlier than, that is the best possible recipe to start out with. Take a look at all of my ideas and trick all through the submit, and revel in a enjoyable baking undertaking with the folks you’re keen on. Let me know the way it goes within the feedback, plus your favourite methods to make use of this excellent bread!
Why you’ll love this honey oatmeal artisan bread
This artisan bread recipe is the right undertaking for bread-baking beginnings. It’s referred to as “artisan bread” as a result of it’s meant to be extra rustic and imperfect than a standard bread loaf, which is what makes it so distinctive and delightful! This bread is:
- Really easy to make with none kneading required, so that you gained’t even want a stand mixer!
- Made with easy components and kitchen instruments
- Deliciously hearty and completely candy due to the oatmeal and honey
- Extremely delicate and fluffy on the within with a golden, crispy, chewy crust
- Superb served as toast, dipped into your fav soups, and used as sandwich bread
Principally, that is all the pieces you possibly can ever need in home made bread and also you’ll really feel so achieved once you make it!
Substances in the perfect oatmeal artisan bread recipe
You’re going to like how easy the components are for this beautiful no knead artisan bread. This bread is egg-free, simply made dairy free, and naturally sweetened with slightly honey! Right here’s what you’ll have to make it:
- Flour: we’re utilizing bread flour on this recipe to present this bread the right fluffy texture.
- Oats: rolled oats assist to present the bread a pleasant hearty chew.
- Seeds: you’ll add roasted sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds (or each) plus flax seeds to the dough, then a number of sunflower or pumpkin seeds on prime.
- Baking staples: you’ll want salt and fast rise yeast, which is also referred to as fast rise yeast, to assist the bread rise.
- For moisture: we’re including each water and milk to the dough to present it simply sufficient moisture. Be at liberty to make use of common or dairy free milk. You’ll additionally want slightly olive oil.
- To sweeten: as I discussed, this bread recipe is of course sweetened with honey.
Can I make it gluten free?
Sadly, no, I can not suggest a gluten free flour substitute for this recipe.
The right way to measure flour correctly
Whereas essentially the most correct solution to measure flour is to weigh it, many baking recipes are way more forgiving and gained’t require a scale. Get all of my ideas and tips for measuring flour precisely right here! It will be certain that your bread comes out good and fluffy as an alternative of dense.
The very best yeast to make use of on this recipe
As I discussed, you’ll need to use a fast rise or fast rise yeast within the bread recipe. Speedy rise yeast doesn’t must be “proofed,” so that you don’t have to attend till the yeast “prompts” earlier than persevering with with the recipe. On this honey oatmeal artisan bread, you’ll merely:
- Combine the yeast with the remainder of your dry components.
- Warmth up the milk and water till they attain 115 levels F, then combine within the honey and olive oil.
- Combine the dry and moist components collectively till they’re simply included.
That’s it! No proofing required. The fast rise yeast will activate (quickly) when blended with the nice and cozy milk/water combination and can work together with the sugars within the honey to activate.
Ideas & tips for baking honey artisan bread
- Don’t overmix. When combining the moist and dry components collectively, watch out to not overmix the dough. Overmixed dough will result in a dense bread loaf.
- Let the dough relaxation. After letting the dough rise for two hours, you’ll dump it out onto a well-floured floor, flip it over 8-10 occasions, and form it right into a ball. You’ll then need to place the dough ball right into a bowl lined with parchment paper, cowl it with a heat towel, and let it relaxation once more for about an hour. Don’t skip this half! It’s important for the feel and beautiful pockets that can bake up within the bread.
- Warmth your dutch oven. Earlier than including the bread dough to your dutch oven and baking it, you’ll need to warmth it up in your oven. Place the dutch oven in your chilly oven and preheat the oven to 425 levels F (the temp you’ll bake the bread at). Heating up the pan FIRST ensures that the bread has what’s referred to as an “oven spring,” which is the extra burst or rise that happens within the bread proper when it will get into the oven earlier than the crust begins to kind.
- Bake it with the lid on. You’ll need to bake the bread in your dutch oven with the lid on first in order that the bread is ready to steam a bit whereas it’s baking. It will give the bread that fantastic, crispy crust.
- Let it cool earlier than chopping. Like virtually each baked good, be sure to let the bread cool for 1 hour earlier than chopping into it in order that it retains its form.
Our favourite methods to get pleasure from this bread
I imply, can you actually go fallacious with freshly baked bread? I believe not. Listed here are a number of of the countless methods you possibly can get pleasure from this lovely honey oatmeal artisan bread:
Storing & freezing home made artisan bread
- To retailer: it’s finest to retailer no knead artisan on the counter. As soon as the bread is totally cool, wrap it in plastic and retailer at room temperature. If the climate is scorching or humid, it’s finest to retailer the bread within the fridge.
- To freeze the bread: wrap it in plastic wrap, then seal it in a bag, ensuring to get all of the air out of the bag. You too can wrap the bread in plastic after which wrap it tightly in foil. Bread ought to final 3 months within the freezer. As soon as able to serve, unwrap the bread and thaw at room temperature.
Extra bread recipes you’ll love
Get all of my bread recipes right here!
I hope you’re keen on this no knead honey oatmeal artisan bread! Should you make it you’ll want to depart a remark and a score so I understand how you appreciated it. Get pleasure from, xo!
No Knead Seeded Honey Oat Artisan Bread
Complete Time 3 hours 35 minutes
Stunning no knead honey oatmeal artisan bread recipe made with easy components for a simple bread recipe you will bake time and again. This excellent home made artisan bread is delicate and fluffy on the within with the right golden crust. Get pleasure from this scrumptious bread toasted together with your fav toppings, dipping in soups, or making sandwiches!
- Dry components:
rolled oats (or use a scorching cereal mix resembling Bob’s Pink Mill 5-grain scorching cereal)
fast rise yeast (also referred to as fast rise yeast)
roasted sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds (or a mixture of each!)
flax seeds (not flaxseed meal)
- Moist components:
milk of selection (I exploit dairy free milk)
- A couple of tablespoons additional flour for shaping
sunflower or pumpkin seeds for on prime of bread
In a big bowl, whisk collectively the flour, oats, yeast, sunflower seeds, flax seeds and salt.
In a microwaveable bowl, add water and milk and warmth up for 1 minute till barely hotter than bathtub water or roughly 115 levels F. Stir the honey and olive oil into the water/milk combination as soon as heat. Add moist components to the dry components and blend with a picket spoon till simply included, don’t over combine.
Cowl with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature for two hours or till doubled in measurement.
After the dough has risen, place it on a well-floured floor and sprinkle it with slightly flour. Utilizing a scraper (or your fingers is ok), fold dough over about 8-10 occasions after which flip over and form right into a ball. Place dough in a parchment paper-lined massive bowl and canopy with a heat towel. Permit the dough to relaxation once more for about 45 minutes to an hour.
Proper across the 30 minute mark of your dough resting, place a 4 to 6-quart Dutch oven with lid on within the chilly oven and preheat to 425 levels F and permit the pot to warmth up within the oven for 20 minutes. As soon as the oven has preheated all the way in which, take away the pot from the oven and instantly add the parchment paper with the dough to the recent pot (watch out as you do that!). Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon additional sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds, then cowl with the lid and bake for 25 minutes.
After 25 minutes, take away the lid from the pot and return to the oven, uncovered. Bake for 10-15 extra minutes till bread is good and golden on prime to your liking. Permit bread to chill for an hour earlier than slicing. Makes 1 loaf, about 12 slices. This bread is nice when toasted and served with butter and slightly salt. I like it for dipping in soups and making sandwiches too!
See the total submit for ideas & tips for making this lovely bread!
Servings: 12 servings
Serving measurement: 1 slice (primarily based on 12)
Saturated fats: 0.5g