Our never-fail home made Stir Fry Sauce Recipe may be thrown collectively in minutes, utilizing components we at all times have available. Stir fry sauce immediately elevates veggies and protein and makes them style completely scrumptious!
Why that is the BEST Stir Fry Sauce Recipe
Some time again we did an Instagram story that includes Natalie cooking up a stir-fry. So many individuals requested for the recipe that we thought we might share our go-to stir fry sauce recipe.
Good stir fry sauce is such a vital for household feeding. You possibly can throw in nearly any sort of vegetable and protein that you’ve got round after which serve it over rice or noodles. Stir fry is a fast meal, and everybody loves it! (And should we are saying – it may be actually wholesome too!!) It’s additionally a good way to make use of up leftover produce on the finish of the week.
We tried a number of completely different recipes earlier than touchdown on this one and making changes till it was excellent. We wished an fascinating, kid-friendly taste that wasn’t too candy. It additionally needed to be simple and use pantry components. This recipe ticks all of these containers!
Substances for Stir Fry Sauce:
- Soy Sauce– we at all times use low-sodium soy sauce.
- Rooster (or Vegetable) Broth– we normally use hen broth (Higher than Bouillon is our go-to) however vegetable broth works nice too.
- Honey– we have now tried completely different sweeteners, and honey is our favourite! You might use brown sugar should you desire, however the honey taste will not be detectable within the remaining sauce.
- Vinegar– we normally use apple cider vinegar, however rice wine vinegar and even distilled vinegar will work additionally.
- Minced Garlic– recent is finest! We now have used garlic powder, and it really works however the taste is a lot better with recent.
- Recent Ginger– once more, ginger powder will work. However we wish to maintain a knob of recent ginger within the freezer. Merely grate the frozen ginger instantly into the pan everytime you want it and throw it again within the freezer! The flavour is so a lot better and brighter.
- Cornstarch– used as a thickener.
Find out how to Make Stir Fry Sauce:
To make the sauce by itself:
- Whisk the entire components collectively in a small saucepan. Simmer over medium-high warmth for five minutes, stirring frequently, till the sauce is thickened.
- Serve over cooked protein and veggies or use as a dipping sauce.
To make use of the sauce in your stir fry:
- Cook dinner your required protein in about 1-2 tablespoons of oil in a big skillet over medium-high warmth till good and browned. Add your blended greens. Proceed cooking till the protein is cooked by and the veggies are crisp tender.
- In the meantime, whisk collectively the sauce in a small bowl or liquid measuring cup. Pour over the protein and veggies within the skillet and simmer for about 5 minutes or till the sauce has thickened.
- Serve over rice or noodles.
We instructed you it was simple!! As a rule of thumb, I take advantage of about 5 cups of recent veggies and 1 pound of protein with this stir fry sauce recipe. It leaves sufficient sauce to pour over rice, however not an excessive amount of.
What Greens ought to I take advantage of for Stir Fry?
Virtually any veggies will work! However these are a few of our favorites:
- Bell Peppers
- Sugar Snap Peas
- Snow Peas
- White or Yellow Onions
TIP: If you’re in a specific rush, simply throw in a bag of frozen stir-fry veggies! One thing is healthier than nothing, proper?
Extra Asian-Impressed Dinner Concepts:
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup hen broth
- 1/3 cup soy sauce, low sodium
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon recent ginger
Whisk the entire components collectively in a small bowl of liquid measuring cup.
Pour sauce over cooked protein and crisp-tender veggies. Simmer over medium-high warmth for five minutes, till the sauce is thickened.
Or, pour the sauce components right into a small saucepan and prepare dinner over medium-high warmth for five minutes or till thickened.
Energy: 51kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 2g | Fats: 0.1g | Saturated Fats: 0.01g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 0.01g | Monounsaturated Fats: 0.01g | Ldl cholesterol: 0.4mg | Sodium: 794mg | Potassium: 46mg | Fiber: 0.2g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 1IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 7mg | Iron: 0.4mg
I am a registered dietitian, mother of 4, avid lover of meals and powerful promoter of wholesome habits. Right here you’ll find numerous scrumptious recipes filled with fruits and veggies, ideas for getting your youngsters to eat higher and turn into intuitive eaters and many assets for feeding your loved ones.