Are you prepared for a recipe that I’m reviving from over TEN years in the past? Good, me too.
I first shared this scrumptious, hearty chipotle black bean candy potato chili with quinoa again in 2012, however when the group and I had been perusing previous recipes I remembered simply how unbelievable it was. In truth, my unique publish nonetheless holds true 11 years later and this simple one pot chili recipe makes the right dinner whereas it’s nonetheless chilly exterior:
“I ate this chili all weekend. At first, it’s barely candy however has a tiny little bit of kick from the chipotle peppers. It’s additionally stuffed with a medley of spices together with turmeric, cumin, chili powder, cinnamon, and a pinch of nutmeg. Ugh, it was every thing I wished: candy, savory, and excellent for a cold day.
I swear you’ll fall in love with it. And it’s hearty sufficient to final you a few days. Or for those who choose, you may freeze half of it and take it out later through the winter while you want an enormous bowl of consolation.
I can’t neglect to let you know in regards to the magical smoked chipotle greek yogurt topping. My roommate and I made it final week as a dipping sauce for candy potato fries, nevertheless it was so good I began placing it on every thing. I couldn’t resist making it once more for that cooling but spicy topping. It’s made with plain greek yogurt (or bitter cream), the adobo sauce from the can of chipotle peppers, honey, and a tiny little bit of dijon mustard. I’m so in love with it!”
Substances on this chipotle black bean candy potato chili
This hearty vegetarian simply so occurs to be vegetarian, simply vegan, and filled with plant-based protein. You’re going to LOVE the candy & savory flavors occurring in right here. Right here’s what you’ll must make it:
- Produce: we’re filling this cozy chili with carrots, candy potato, an onion, and garlic.
- Chipotle peppers: get that fantastic savory, smokey taste from canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce.
- Spices: the spices are every thing. We’re utilizing cumin, turmeric, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- For the broth: we’re including a can of fire-roasted tomatoes for further taste. You can even use common canned tomatoes for those who’d like. You’ll additionally want some vegetable broth.
- Beans: this chili has two cans of black beans for tons of plant-based protein.
- Quinoa: oh sure, this chili will get an additional increase of protein and heartiness from quinoa!
- For topping: I blended collectively a smoked chipotle yogurt sauce constructed from greek yogurt, slightly adobo sauce out of your can of chipotle peppers, honey, and dijon mustard. It’s cooling, tangy, and so scrumptious. I additionally prefer to prime my bowl with recent cilantro, sliced avocado, and slightly shredded cheddar cheese.
Customise your chili
Identical to many chili recipes, this simple candy potato quinoa chili is nice for customizing! Right here’s what I can advocate:
- Choose your veggies: be happy so as to add or swap with greens like bell pepper, diced jalapeño, and even some corn.
- Select the spice degree: I like to recommend beginning with 2 chipotle peppers, however for those who like warmth be happy so as to add a 3rd!
- Use any broth: for those who’re not vegetarian, you may as well use low sodium rooster broth.
Maintain this candy potato black bean chili vegan
Merely go away off the chipotle yogurt topping or use your fav plain vegan yogurt.
Extra scrumptious methods to take pleasure in this chili
Apart from diving head-first into this bowl of chili with a spoon, I additionally love:
- Topping my bowl with a fried egg and having fun with it for breakfast
- Serving it over grilled rooster or fish
- Scooping it up with my fav tortilla chips
The choices are limitless!
Storing & freezing suggestions
- To retailer: this quinoa, candy potato and black bean chili will keep good in your fridge for about 1 week. As soon as your chili is totally cooled, simply place it in an hermetic container (or a number of, for those who’d prefer to meal prep it) with out the toppings and place it within the fridge. To reheat it, merely achieve this within the microwave with a microwave secure bowl, or be happy to reheat it on the stovetop. Add the chipotle yogurt topping when you’re able to serve!
- To freeze: observe the directions above, however as an alternative of putting the chili within the fridge simply put it in your freezer for as much as 3 months. To reheat, merely thaw the chili in a single day and reheat it on the stovetop or within the microwave while you’re able to eat.
Extra wholesome chili recipes
Get all of my chili recipes right here!
I hope you like this black bean, candy potato and quinoa chili recipe! When you make it be sure you go away a remark and a score so I understand how you favored it. Get pleasure from, xo!
Black Bean, Candy Potato, and Quinoa Chili with Smoked Chipotle
Flavorful, vegetarian chipotle black bean candy potato chili crammed with plant-based protein from two cans of black beans and hearty quinoa. Prime with a cooling smoked chipotle greek yogurt creme to take it to the following degree! This wholesome chili is made in a single pot and is ideal for weeknight dinners.
- For the chili:
medium yellow onion, diced
medium carrots, diced
chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, finely chopped (begin with 2 and if you would like it spicier you may all the time add one other one later)
can fireplace roasted tomatoes
massive candy potato, peeled and diced into 1/2 inch cubes
cans black beans, drained and rinsed
vegetable broth, plus extra to skinny if desired
salt, plus extra to style
- For the smoked chipotle yogurt sauce:
plain greek yogurt (I choose entire milk greek yogurt)
adobo sauce from the can, plus extra for those who actually like slightly warmth
- To garnish:
- Sliced ripe avocado
- Shredded cheddar
Add olive oil to a pot and place over medium warmth. As soon as oil is scorching, add the onion, carrots and garlic; prepare dinner for five minutes or till onions grow to be translucent. Then stir within the chopped chipotles, cumin, turmeric, cinnamon and a pinch of nutmeg.
Subsequent stir within the candy potato cubes, fire-roasted tomatoes, black beans, quinoa, vegetable broth and salt. Cowl and simmer for 20-Half-hour, or till candy potatoes are tender. Style and modify the seasonings, including extra salt if desired. You can even add extra chopped chipotle peppers or adobo sauce if you would like it spicier.
Make the smoked chipotle yogurt: add yogurt, adobo sauce, honey, and dijon mustard in a medium bowl; stir to mix. Style and modify as vital. Add extra honey if you would like it sweeter, or add extra adobo sauce if you would like it spicier!
Spoon chili into bowls and add yogurt sauce on prime. Garnish with cheddar cheese, avocado, and cilantro if you would like!
See the complete publish for straightforward methods to customise this chili, plus storing and freezing directions!
Servings: 6 servings
Serving measurement: 1 serving (based mostly on 6, with yogurt sauce)
Saturated fats: 1.6g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Formidable Kitchen | Images by: Eat Love Eats
This publish was initially revealed on October eighth, 2012, and republished on March 2nd, 2023.